Re: cross-posting is ok! just how you do it and how ya read NGs was Re: Any good Oracle related message boards out there?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:57:42 +0100

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:14:41 -0600, Pablo Sanchez <pablo_at_dev.null> wrote:

>There's nothing wrong with cross-posting. The issue is with people
>using lame News Readers or not knowing how to drive their News
>Reader.
>

>If your news reader doesn't support these two basic features, get
>another.

Just for your information: there is crossposting and multiposting. [Quoted] Multiposting means you are posting your requests *several times* INDEPENDENTLY to different newsgroups. Most newsreaders won't detect that and if you enable crossposting on subject level: one different byte and the newsreader won't detect it, much like Oracle doesn't detect hardcoded literals being identical. [Quoted] Please DO NOT promote CROSS and MULTIPOSTING, as the Oracle newsgroups already suffer more than enough from it, especially as the most avid crossposters are the persons who
a) don't read manuals
b) don't use the newsgroups archives.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Feb 25 2003 - 19:57:42 CET

Original text of this message