Re: IMP SHOW=Y on Windows 2000 and Ora 8.1.7.0.0

From: Dale Edgar <Dale_at_DataBee.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:25:03 +0000 (UTC)

>is there any way to change the funny formatting of the dump file created by
>IMP when you set SHOW=Y and LOG=<somefile>?
>I couldn't find anything on this subject in the manuals.
>
>The output file is formatted in a rather odd manner, apparently 80
>characters wide but some lines ar shorter, some contain nothing but blanks,
>each one is enclosed by double quotes, the first quote is always in position
>2, the last one may float and statements wrap to the next line at position
>79.

[Quoted] Just download the freeware DBATool. It is designed to read the export file and output nicely formatted scripts containing run-able DDL. Also generates global loader scripts, puts in spool commands as appropriate and can adjust storage clauses, tablespace names etc according to rules you set. Has a nifty DDL to HTML converter too.

DBATool: http://www.DataBee.com/dt_home.htm

Regards
-Dale Received on Tue Feb 25 2003 - 09:25:03 CET

Original text of this message