Re: sql parser for oracle 9i

From: christian kasper <christian_at_kasper.ws>
Date: 24 Feb 2003 05:54:50 -0800

Mike <mike_at_nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<HxTQltBw0jV+Ewbd_at_ntlworld.com>...
> In message <329aa663.0302210615.1a65aa42_at_posting.google.com>, christian
> kasper <christian_at_kasper.ws> writes
> >hello,
> >
> >i need a sql parser for oracle 9i.
> >
> >do you now a company or a open software project or something, where i can get
> >the parser ?
> >
> >thank you.
> >
> >christian kasper
>
> In what context ?
>
> If you need to validate sql statements then the built in package
> dbms_sql will suffice.
>
> Cheers

[Quoted] Thank you fro your help.

You are right, the kontext of my parsing problem is important.

I have a application with thousands of sql statements in pl/sql scripts, in triggers, in pro*c programs, in shell scripts …..

My work in the project is to develop a scanner for insert/update/select/delete statements to describe the r/w access per procedure/trigger/function/script on tables/views. The output of the scanner is a html file that describes the relationship between procedure/trigger/function/script and r/w access on tables/views for documentation purposes.

My question is, do you know a parser, who give me the names of tables/views in selects/insert/update/delete statements. The parser must know the syntax from oracle 9i.

Thank you

Christian Kasper Received on Mon Feb 24 2003 - 14:54:50 CET

Original text of this message