Re: Oracle Forms 6i and 9i

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:36:31 GMT

In article <3E59A3AF.8ECD5610_at_exesolutions.com>, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:
>Ryan wrote:
>
>> There was a big debate about this on the ODTUG listservs a few weeks ago.
>> Oralce will desupport all client-server for forms 12/2004(or 2006 cant
>> remember).
>>
>> alot of people are not pleased. since there is so much client server out
>> there. why spend the money to migrate to web if you dont need to?
>>
>> "Useko Netsumi" <usenets_at_nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
>> > Will Oracle continue to support Form 6i as the client-server Form
>> > Development instead of Forms 9i(which is only for Web/Internet Development
>> > only). Thanks
>> >

>For my two cents I think Oracle made a huge mistake making iDS 9i web only. Not
>supporting client-server does not gain Oracle a single sale and likely loses
>many.
>
>To me the decision was 100% marketing blunder. And for my two cents, OC4J isn't
>exactly as robust as it needs to be.
>
>Daniel Morgan

I heartily agree. Our shop cannot afford the extra costs for 9iAS (though, we looked at it closely). If necessary, we'll soldier on with 6i until something better (probably non-Oracle) makes us switch. Forms 9i may as well not even exist for us. Received on Mon Feb 24 2003 - 14:36:31 CET

Original text of this message