ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure

From: Wratchild <jtwynam_at__nospam_rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:39:05 GMT

Hello.

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm trying to get Oracle Forms 6i to work. I have it installed, along with patch 12, but whenever I try to connect, it gives me an error saying "ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure". Does anybody know what causes this? And how to fix it?

I have tried Forms 9i, and I did get that working, but it seems to be mainly for web development - it wants to run forms in a web browser, which is not what I want. The original reason that I tried 9i is that I couldn't get rid of the packet writer failure error.

Thanks for any help.

John Received on Mon Feb 24 2003 - 00:39:05 CET

Original text of this message