Set of values???

From: Damir Dezeljin <news_at_dezo.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:17:42 +0100

Hi.

[Quoted] I placed a text item to my form. When a user enter a string there and press a certain button I want to execute a query like:

SELECT DISTINCT ids FROM my_table WHERE my_table.something LIKE '%<entered_str>%';

The problem of this query is that it returns a lot of <ids>. I want to construct an set or array or something similar from those values so that I can use them in the below query:

SELECT names FROM my_table2 WHERE my_table.ids IN (<set>);

So I want to use something similar:
SELECT DISTINCT ids INTO my_set_var
FROM my_table
WHERE my_table.something
LIKE '%<entered_str>%';

in a triger, however I don't know what type have to be my_set_var.

Any idea (posibly an example)?

Regards,
Dezo Received on Sun Feb 23 2003 - 21:17:42 CET

Original text of this message