Ora-12154 using MS Visualc/c++

From: MPG <pg_miguel_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:36:22 GMT

[Quoted] Hi all,

I have a c program that connects to oracle 9i using proc. This program is developed using MSVisualc/C++ environmennt. The problem I encounter is as follows:
- When I run the compiled program (.exe) it connects to the DB fine fine.

  • But when I run the program through the MSVisualc/C++ (for debugging) the connection error ora-12154 apears. In both cases I'm using exactly the same code and the same conection string defines in the tnsnames.ora. This connection string (user/psw_at_rssgs ) works fine with the compiled program (.exe) and with other client programs (sqlplus, plsqldeveloper, visual basic ...)
  • The OS is windows XP
  • The DB is Oracle 9.2
  • TNSNAMEs.ora LOOKS LIKE

rssgs =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = SERVIDOR_SGS)(PORT = 1521))     )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SID= RSSGS)
    )
  )

  • The sqlnet.ora looks like:

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)
NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES) I've tried all kinds of things but I can't solve the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you! Received on Fri Feb 21 2003 - 13:36:22 CET

Original text of this message