Re: Hosting forms on the web?

From: Zafer <zafer_at_redshift.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:52:43 -0800

Hi,

with forms 6i, you can use forms server 6i (without 9iAS EE) - but you still need the 9iAS EE license.

Oracle Forms and stand alone Apache or Tomcat is not possible (from the licensing point of view). Eventhough it is tecnically a possibility (and there are postings on OTN explaining how) to use Tomcat/Apache combination for Forms servlet, licensewise it is not a solution at all.

I am on the same boat with you and currently investigating the use of Jdeveloper, JBoss (with Tomcat) and Cocoon combination as a development/deployment option. JBoss, Tomcat and Cocoon are open source.

hope this proves useful.

Zafer AKTAN
Oracle DBA/Developer