Re: hierarchical trees

From: Mike <mike_at_nospam.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 18:32:42 +0000

In message <2553161.1045747885_at_dbforums.com>, cuneyt <member18459_at_dbforums.com> writes

>Hi all and thanx in advance...
>
>There is a command in Oracle which is "connect by prior" and i think
>it's a function to build "hierarchical trees", so where can I find the
>source of this function, or if anybody knows it please tell me...
>
>What i mean is there would be an SQL function before "connect by prior"
>function written...
>
>Example... I can write a function called called sub
>
>function sub(x,y)
>{
>Z= X - Y
>return z
>}
>
>So and then in my program i can use z=sub(5,3) instead of z=5-3, i think
>connect by prior is same thing but of course longer coding.....
>Where can i get this code?
>
>--

Connect by prior is SQL syntax, it only works with select it allows you to retrieve data in a hierachical manner, assuming that the data is stored that way.

Sadly the rest of your message makes no sense !

Cheers

Mike Cox Received on Thu Feb 20 2003 - 19:32:42 CET

Original text of this message