Re: [Oracle9iAS] Can't start Reports Server

From: Tony Teal <ateal_at_cs.iupui.edu>
Date: 20 Feb 2003 06:28:36 -0800

Hi Fabio,

I feel your pain. I went through a similar project recently with 9iAS and Reports. A few comments:

  1. See Oracle Metalink Note 212551.1, this will address Reports/EM problems.
  2. 640 MB is only enough memory to make development frustrating. We're now using a Win2000 server with 2GB, going from 1GB to 2GB was significant performance improvement.
  3. The Oracle Reports Portlet in 9iAS rel. 2 does not support SSL. Dont know if this will affect you but it was big disappointment for us. We're told this will be fixed in release 4.

Tony