Re: Error Handler

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:16:15 GMT

no-spam_at_no-spam.com said...
> > Could anyone tell me where I can read all the definitions of the
> > errors(Ora-,frm-,...).
>
> You could install the documentation from the Oracle Docs CD, or you could
> join technet (http://technet.oracle.com) and search at
> http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.homepage . Make sure you search for the
> complete error code (ie, "ORA-001340").

Good point, Gabriel. Just one additional comment. I usually type the error code (eg, ORA-001340) in Google Search. That way, I don't limit myself to the Oracle manuals. I also get questions/answers from others who got the same error. Well, *sometimes* I get answers. I also find out who has the Oracle doc sets on their web sites (useless trivia).

--
/Karsten
DBA > retired > DBA