Re: Application Server light ?

From: dmz17 <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:40:22 +0100

[Quoted] On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:00:23 +0000, Useko Netsumi wrote:

> Hi Sybrand, is it possible to use Apache server that has already installed
[Quoted] > on the server, instead of the one supplied by the Oracle? If possible, what
[Quoted] > specific modules  as well as other compile options should I incorporate on
[Quoted] > the current Apache server. Thanks.

> "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message

>> "Leopold Zyka" <leopold.zyka_at_igel.at> wrote in message
>> > Dear Oracle Guru,
>> >
>> > We have an Application using the Oracle Personal Edition 8.1.7 and
>> > Forms6 as a small Version of
>> > our big Client/Server Application.
>> > Unfortunately Forms6 is not supported under WindowsXP
>> > New PCs are delivered with WindowsXP.
>> > If we move to Oracle9i and Forms 9i we need the Application Server.
>> > right ?
>> > Is there any possibility to avoid this overkill ?
>> > Is there something like a Personal Edition of the Application Server ?
>> > Is there a Oracle9i Personal Edition anyway ?
>> >
>> > regards, Leopold

If you plan on using Oracle Support, go with ohs. Chances are Oracle supplied some mods for their ohs that won't work with your version of Apache.

Cheers,

dmz17 Received on Wed Feb 19 2003 - 21:40:22 CET

Original text of this message