Re: Application Server light ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:00:23 +0100

[Quoted] [Quoted] "Leopold Zyka" <leopold.zyka_at_igel.at> wrote in message news:3E53A97F.22DE8604_at_igel.at...
> Dear Oracle Guru,
>
> We have an Application using the Oracle Personal Edition 8.1.7 and
> Forms6 as a small Version of
> our big Client/Server Application.
> Unfortunately Forms6 is not supported under WindowsXP
> New PCs are delivered with WindowsXP.
> If we move to Oracle9i and Forms 9i we need the Application Server.
> right ?
> Is there any possibility to avoid this overkill ?
> Is there something like a Personal Edition of the Application Server ?
> Is there a Oracle9i Personal Edition anyway ?
>
> regards, Leopold

No, You could use the Apache that comes with Oracle. There is no Personal Edition of Application Server and that wouldn't help you as other clients can't connect to Personal Oracle. [Quoted] For Personal Oracle 9i check out OTN, and in the future please do that [Quoted] before asking questions for which an answer is readily available from Oracle

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA