Re: Migration from sqlserver to oracle 8i: character set conversionproblems

From: Gabriel Gonzalez <no-spam_at_no-spam.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:54:17 -0800

Temper tantrum issues aside, this is irrelevant and at best "academic." If Irmen can do the task via a Java program successfully, then what does it matter?

Furthermore, if you are one of the people "WHO DO KNOW!!!" then how about being more constructive instead of abusive? What's the next step, then?

Maybe Irmen does not "know a damn about it," but is that not why the usenet is here? It is not a place for a know-it-all to grandstand and insultingly tell people asking the questions that they do not know the answer!

Take a walk, calm down!

Geez!

> > Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> >
> > > Next time, if you already think you know better, please DON'T POST and
> > > see for yourself
> >
> > If you don't want to help, then shut up.
> >

> > Irmen de Jong
>
> Hear, hear, I gues you are the 'expert'
> Evidently you don't know a damn about it. The euro is NOT (I repeat
> NOT) a UNICODE character, but you INSIST on playing around with
> Unicode, and ignoring the advice of people WHO DO KNOW!!!
>
> Maar aangezien je het zelf allemaal zoveel beter weet, waarom rot je
> toch niet gewoon op?
> Veel succes met prutsen!!!
>
> Geen groeten,
>
> Sybrand Bakker