Re: Looking for Oracle-Benchmark tool

From: AB <ab3002_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2003 07:50:49 -0800

Try the various www.TPC.org benchmarks. I used the TPC-C. The txn's they spec give a good balance for stress testing the system. I wrote the code in a day with the help of their docs. I also didn't do too much performance tuning since I wanted to stress the system. While the results published are just marketing hype, the guidelines are very helpful in designing your own benchmark.