Re: 9iAS light version for forms/reports services only

From: Gerard H. Pille <geert.pille_at_vandemoortele.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2003 05:52:06 -0800

Zafer <zafer_at_redshift.com> wrote in message news:<pan.2003.02.17.21.22.10.42539.18035_at_redshift.com>...
> Hi,

> Oracle did market reports as a stand alone product in the past and now
> they are marketing JDeveloper as a stand alone product. Why we should
> pay 5000 dollars for the entire iDS package if all we want to use is the
> forms and/or reports part of it? Why we need to purchase a full 9iAS EE
> license (CPU or named user) just to be able to deploy our forms and/or
> reports application? ...

Why? That is rather obvious, isn't it? Who else would pay for all the flashy buzz stuff that Oracle developed besides forms and reports?  While it is hard to find a replacement for forms and reports, for the rest there are (free?) alternatives.

Geert Received on Wed Feb 19 2003 - 14:52:06 CET

Original text of this message