Re: [Oracle9iAS] Can't start Reports Server

From: Fabio Corazza <corazza_at_prosa.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:51:00 +0100

[Quoted] Ana C. Dent wrote:
> Even though you do not explicitly state which version
> of 9iAS, it appear to me that you are using R2.

[Quoted] Yes, it's one of the particular which may merge from the pictures.

> I've installed 9iAS R2 on Solaris boxes.
> The command line to start a Reports Server is
> rwserver server=repserver
> At least on Solaris the DISPLAY environmental
> variable needs to be set & pointing towards a
> functioning X-Windows server.

[Quoted] Also using the command line I think it wouldn't change, anyway I didn't try it yet. Should not the web manager execute the same command through servlet or any script?

> Also to AVOID many bugs you need to install
> the CORE patchset plus Patchset #1 for Forms & Reports.

Thanks for the hint.
[Quoted] I'm downloading respectively patch numbers 2542920 and 2790613, are they right?

> HTH & YMMV
>

> HAND!
Greets,
Fabio Received on Tue Feb 18 2003 - 16:51:00 CET

Original text of this message