Re: progress bar with Developer

From: SoulSurvivor <markyg_7_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 18 Feb 2003 07:35:39 -0800

Apparently, progressbar.fmb is part of Forms Demos on how to use the OCX.

Following cut and pasted from Metalink. This is how to create your own.

Hi ,

PURPOSE

This note helps how to create a progress bar in forms

SCOPE & APPLICATION

This can be used for the client server as well as web forms which user wants to display the status of using progress abr.

DESCRIPTION

Progressbar is used to display the status of any event. This will give the users a visual effect of whats happening

SOLUTION / STEPS

  1. Create a user defined parameter PARAM_PERC and datatype Number, Intial value as 0 and maximum value as 30

2.Create a control block P_bar below items

  1. P_BAR text item Datatype char size 200, Bevel None ,Height 227, Width 11
  2. T_STATUS Display item which displays the % on line
  3. STEP command button
  4. CLEAR Command button

Program Unit Clear

PROCEDURE clear IS
Begin

:P_bar.P_bar:='';
:t_status := '0%';
:PARAMETER.PARAM_PERC :=0;

END; e) prog_bar_step

PROCEDURE prog_bar_step IS
a number :=:delay;
begin

if :PARAMETER.PARAM_PERC >=0 AND :PARAMETER.PARAM_PERC <=100 THEN

:p_bar.P_bar:=:p_bar.P_bar||'|';
:PARAMETER.PARAM_PERC := :PARAMETER.PARAM_PERC +1;
:t_status := round(:PARAMETER.PARAM_PERC)||'%';

END IF; end;

f) In the STEP command button when button pressed trigger call the procedure prog_bar_step;

this will increment the status bar by one step. Depending on the requirement you can call this in any program unit so that it will increment.

ADDITIONAL INFO

If you want to display a progress bar that executes automatically then you can create a timer and put the procedure prog_bar_step in that.

Thanks
OSS