Re: 9i DevSuite rel 2 for Linux ...

From: Kevin HaleBoyes <kcboyes_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Feb 2003 06:29:19 -0800

Yeah, I had this too on my Redhat 7.3 install.

Delete everything that was installed then start the installer again. When you get to the error again, leave the dialog box up and open a command window.

Go to the 9iDS home directory and then to the bin directory. Make a backup of the genclntsh script just in case. Edit genclntsh. There is a line:

  LD_SELF_CONTAINED="-z defs"

change it to

  LD_SELF_CONTAINED="" Save it and then "retry" from the error dialog. This worked for me and was the same solution to a similar problem I got installing Oracle 9i database on my Redhat 7.3 machine. There is even a message on Metalink that indicates that this is the proper solution.

Good luck,
Kevin. Received on Tue Feb 18 2003 - 15:29:19 CET

Original text of this message