Quest IWatch is crashing my Oracle databases - has anybody experienced this before

From: Mark PAtterson <m_patte_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2003 09:38:00 -0800

Hi,

has anybody out there using Quest's IWatch database/system monitoring product ever experienced problems where the target database crashes?

Installed Quest IWatch 40c3 on a number of target databases (including production database) and after about 10 days or so the databases started crashing (not all together but on consecutive days). Removed IWatch software and things settled down until I resinstalled IWatch and experienced same problems after about another 10 days.

By the way, using Windows 2000 Service Pack 2, and a combination of Oracle 8.1.7.0 and 8.1.7.4.1 Standard and Enterprise Editions.

Quest thenselves are unsure of the problem and have provided us with Service Release 1 of the product but cannot guarantee this will resolve our issue. Quest have also suggested that they have not exerienced this before so I am putting it out there to see if anybody has experienced these or similar problems and see what you did to resolve it.

All suggestions and pointers greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark. Received on Mon Feb 17 2003 - 18:38:00 CET

Original text of this message