Inmortal Process in iAS9i 1.0.2.2.0

From: Álvaro Palma Aste <queria_direccion_at_el.perla.invalid>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 18:19:24 +0000 (UTC)

[Quoted] I´ve installed iAS9i, 1.0.2.2.0 with Apache Server updates to 1.3.19 (available from Metalink). When I start Apache, using

$ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Apache/bin/apachectl start

It creates a lot of httpd processes and also, a couple of java processes:

$ORACLE_HOME/Apache/jdk/bin/bin/linux/native_threads/java ....

but, if I stop the apache server:

$ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Apache/bin/apachectl stop

this java processes remains, and I have to kill them manually via kill -9.

Any idea about how to correct this, so the process dies when the Apache server is terminated?

Environment:

Linux RedHat 7.2 fully updated
iAS9i 1.0.2.2.0 with Apache 1.3.19 (is there newer updates at any part in Metalink? Native Linux Apache is already at 1.3.27 release)
IBM JDK and JRE 1.1.8

PS: About the same, why does Oracle take so many time to release updates or certify their products?

--
Atte.
Álvaro Palma Aste

Sting - They Dance Alone...