Re: exp80.exe crashes winxp

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:21:09 -0800

Stefan Röhle wrote:

> DA Morgan wrote:
> > Stefan Röhle wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I want to export some tables with exp80.exe (8.0.5.0.0) under winxp but unfortunately the
> >>export utility crashes... (Oracle version 8.1.7.2.1).
> >>Do these versions not work together? (if so, where can I get a new version of the
> >>exp80.exe utility?)
> >>What else could be the problem?
> >>
> >>Best,
> >>Stefan
> >

> > To export from 8.0.5 use the export utility that came with 8.0.5 but hopefully not on WinXP.
> > Oracle 8.0.5 was never tested on WinXP and is not certified to run on WinXP so you are really
> > on your own.
> >
> > In the future be careful to only run software on approved platforms and operating systems.
> >
> > Daniel Morgan
> >

> Sorry for the misleading question: the database runs under unix and I want to export some
> tables from a winxp client (as I already did, but now always the crash...)

[Quoted] I'm still confused. Export only runs on the server where the database exists. What do you mean by [Quoted] "export from a WinXP client"? Is the WinXP machine a client or a server? If the client you can't do [Quoted] it and need to run exp on the UNIX box.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Feb 14 2003 - 17:21:09 CET

Original text of this message