compiling forms against different tables

From: Kamal <kamal80_at_virgilio.it>
Date: 14 Feb 2003 07:53:10 -0800

Hi everybody.

I have a nice simple cursor in a program unit in a form 5.0.6.8.0. For example:

cursor c01 is select * from t01;

So, i compile this form against a database with the table t01 like this:

f1 varchar2(8)
f2 number

Then i try to run this form against another user or db with the table t01 like this:

f1 varchar2(8)
f2 number
f3 number(10)

It goes to error when i "open c01"... I mean, I expected that it would recognize the structure of the table every time i run it... So I opened the fmx and found my query with the "*" translated into every column of the table...

Is there any way to change this behavior? Any configuration... ideas... comments...

TIA Kamal Received on Fri Feb 14 2003 - 16:53:10 CET

Original text of this message