forms built-in message dialog window does not show

From: Omid Golban <ogolban_at_socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 22:14:43 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I seem to have a problem with using dialog windows. I created a very simple form: one 'text item' and one 'button'.

Then I created a trigger for the button:

    WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED And included the following 2 lines:

    message ('Testing 1 2 3 ...', acknowledge);     :my_block.my_text_item := 'This works';

When I click on the button, the text box gets the specified text. So I know the trigger is firing. But I don't get any dialog window. The message does, of course, appear at the bottom of the form in the console area. [Quoted] [Quoted] I seem to have a similar problem calling the built-in 'GET_FILE_NAME'. Is there a setting that prohibits dialog windows from coming up?

Thanks in advance,
Omid Golban Received on Wed Feb 12 2003 - 23:14:43 CET

Original text of this message