Weird Error -- Update statement returning no data found error

From: Bill <yopcaw9_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Feb 2003 10:36:39 -0800

HI

[Quoted] [Quoted] In the block based on a view(in oracle forms), I have an update sql in when validate item trigger for a non database text item.

Based on the value I enter in this item , I update different tables.

Update emp
where ename='test'
and sal=:block.item -- non database text item

Very interestingly I'm getting no data found error when this piece of sql is getting executed.

I know very well that an update statement cannot return a no data found.

Can you guys share any solution in mind for the above...or how to trouble shoot it... Received on Tue Feb 11 2003 - 19:36:39 CET

Original text of this message