Re: dba studio for oracle 8.1.5 personal edition

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:13:51 GMT

"H. Faber" <hf_at_ake-software.de> wrote in message news:b27q05$jsh$00$1_at_news.t-online.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have Oracle 8.1.5 Personal Edition for Windows NT. I am searching a
> tool that enables me to administrate the database like for example
> create a new table space, add new users etc. Unfortunately, I could not
> find any appropiate tool in the package. I read about the dba studio
> tool. Can anyone confirm, that this tool is available with my Oracle
> Version. Where could I get it? What alternative tools are available for
> administration of my oracle database?
>
> Henning Faber

Is there any reason for not upgrading to 8.1.7? You can download the Personal edition for NT/2000 from OTN (~ 500 Mb) and it comes with DBA studio and so on.
If not, I remember I found DBA studio in the client 8.1.7 and it worked with my Personal Edition for Win98, I cannot guarantee it works with 8.1.5 too. But you can always try, download the client and choose Administrator type installation and see what you get.
If it doesn't work, remove it.

Bye,
Flavio Received on Mon Feb 10 2003 - 19:13:51 CET

Original text of this message