Jinitiator & Netscape

From: Tim Marshall <tmarshal_at_morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 15:38:18 -0330

[Quoted] I wonder if anyone might be able to tell me if web based apps using Jinitiator are incompatible with Netscape? Are there any practical work arounds?

The reason I am asking is because a colleague in our organization has tried very hard to try and get Banner Web Based forms working on Netscape with Jinitiator but without success, unfortunately. As a result, our users are forced to use MS Internet Explorer. Though IE is not necessarily a bad thing (I prefer it to Netscape, actually, when I am web surfing), I don't feel right about with forcing people to change from a browser with which they are very comfortable if at all possible. If only because forcing them to go with IE just so they can suffer through the horrific GUI of Banner seems somewhat cruel(!).

Anyway, if anyone can provide some ideas or things to look for on Google with respect to Jinitiator & Netscape or even let me know that Oracle says to forget Jinitiator when using Netscape, I would very much appreciate it. Even general thoughts on my statements above re Netscape versus IE.

Thanks very much in advance.

--
Tim - http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~tmarshal/
 ^o<