Re: help

From: Richard Nield <richard.nield_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 12:41:37 -0000

Daniel - I use Oracle 8i (version...8.17)

 Each month, at the start of end of month processing we analayze all our main tables:

 analyze table XXX compute statistincs;

Youi said....

Analyze table, analyze schema etc are there for backward compatibility and
> should not be used.

So we should use the dbms_stats package instead? If so, when I go and tell my Boss this Monday morning....he will ask me what benifts will he see if we change.

[Quoted]  What can I tell him?

 Thanks

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3E4457AD.3001B29E_at_exesolutions.com...
> Alden Huen wrote:
>
> > How do you give a user the ability to use sql loader and to analyze
tables?

> > thanks
>
> To use SQL*Loader you must give them access to the bin directory at
ORACLE_HOME