Error relinking Forms Server in Redhat 7.2

From: Álvaro Palma Aste <queria_direccion_at_el.perla.invalid>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 05:45:04 +0000 (UTC)

[Quoted] First of all, I know that this may be an old error, and probably has been discused previously, but I´ve searched every place I remember (Google, Metalink, Orafaq, Redhat, Suse, etc), and I can´t find a solution, so please, be pacient :-)

I´ve installed Oracle Internet Application Server 9i, 1.0.2.2.0 on a Linux Redhat 7.2 box, with the following rpm´s on it:

XFree86-4.1.0-3
glibc-2.2.4-31

compat-egcs-objc-6.2-1.1.2.16
compat-libstdc++-6.2-2.9.0.16
compat-glibc-6.2-2.1.3.2
compat-egcs-g77-6.2-1.1.2.16
compat-egcs-6.2-1.1.2.16
compat-libs-6.2-3

XFree86-compat-libs-4.0.3-2
XFree86-compat-modules-3.3.6-42
openmotif-devel-2.1.30-5_ICS
openmotif-2.1.30-5_ICS

the iAS 9i owner user environment variables set up to:

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH = "/usr/X11R6/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/6iserver/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/lib" setenv ORACLE_HOME $ORACLE_HOME/6iserver

setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL 2.2.5
setenv LDEMULATION elf_i386_glibc21
setenv GCC_EXEC_PREFIX /usr/i386-glibc21-linux/lib/gcc-lib/

When I run the relink process (to create the forms60 server executables):

cd $ORACLE_HOME/forms60/lib
make -f ins_forms60w.mk install

I get the errors:

/usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so: undefined reference to `getpwuid_r_at_GLIBC_2.1.2'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so: undefined reference to `shmctl_at_GLIBC_2.2'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so: undefined reference to `getpwnam_r_at_GLIBC_2.1.2'
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so: undefined reference to `localeconv_at_GLIBC_2.2'

In Metalink I found a reference to bug 1492469, but I couldn't find it or any explanation or patch set about it.

I know iAS9i is not supported for RedHat 7.2, but in the same machine I've got a lot of other things running that requires RH 7.2, therefore, the "downgrade" to 6.2 or 7.1 is not an option for me.

Does anybody have completed a fully successfull installation of this version of Forms Server in this environment? Can provide me any guideline to check out? Or about the bug I've mentioned?

Thanks a lot for your attention

PS: Yes, english is not my native tongue.

--
Atte.
Álvaro Palma Aste

Sting - They Dance Alone...