Re: Forms Migration 5->6i and Object References

From: Johan Van de Velde <"Johan>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 16:31:28 GMT

"Jan Gelbrich" <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de> wrote in message news:b1vvu5$12uu9c$1_at_ID-152732.news.dfncis.de...
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if somebody in this group has some experience in
Oracle
> Forms
> Migration from 5 to 6i ("why not to 9i" is not the subject here).
>

> When I try to open any old form in 6i, I always get error messages from
> "refapp",

I think you have a problem with the sequence of your upgrade.

You should upgrade your application in the following order :

  1. PLL
  2. FMB that are used as the root for references
  3. MMB
  4. all other FMBs

In your case : before you try to upgrade one form of your application, upgrade the REFAPP form FIRST.

Goodluck,

Johan van de Velde Received on Sat Feb 08 2003 - 17:31:28 CET

Original text of this message