Re: Table and column with same name, fails only if using bind parameter

From: Larry Leonard <Spam_at_DefinitiveSolutions.com>
Date: 7 Feb 2003 06:50:01 -0800

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3E42893F.2BEF84AA_at_exesolutions.com>...

> I understand your desire but Oracle doesn't divulge proprietary internals any more than does any other vendor.

As an Oracle newbie, I was looking for (non-proprietary) information of a higher level of technical sophistication than I currently possess. Or at least a pointer to a good book.

> Your last sentence is interesting ... you seem to be saying it happens iwth
> ODBC so it isn't the ODBC driver. Is that correct?

No, I said since it happens using both oo4o and ODBC, it's not the ODBC driver. Oo4o doesn't use ODBC, it talks directly to the OCI. Therefore, if the problem occurs using both ODBC and oo4o, it would seem to exonerate the ODBC driver.

> I would be highly suspicious of the ODBC driver unless proven otherwise such
> as Niall suggests trying it in SQL*Plus.

It fails the same way in SQL*Plus; I've posted a spool file elsewhere in this thread. Thanks. Received on Fri Feb 07 2003 - 15:50:01 CET

Original text of this message