Re: Table and column with same name, fails only if using bind parameter

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 08:11:43 -0800

Larry Leonard wrote:

> DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3E3FE9C1.23A175D0_at_exesolutions.com>...
>
> > I doubt anyone can help you with WHY without access to the source code.
> > And WHY isn't really important as ... it is. The solution is simple and
> > straight forward ... choose it.
>
> I was just hoping someone with knowledge of Oracle internals was
> lurking. And the 'why' of it is important to me: the more I
> understand about how Oracle works, the faster my queries seem to run.
>
> > Though I would try changing ODBC drivers first to see if it is Oracle ...
> > or the driver causing the problem.
>
> Like I say, it happens with oo4o and ODBC, so it ain't the ODBC
> driver...

[Quoted] I understand your desire but Oracle doesn't divulge proprietary internals any more than does any other vendor.

[Quoted] Your last sentence is interesting ... you seem to be saying it happens iwth ODBC so it isn't the ODBC [Quoted] driver. Is that correct? I would be highly suspicious of the ODBC driver unless proven otherwise such as Niall suggests trying it in SQL*Plus.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Feb 06 2003 - 17:11:43 CET

Original text of this message