Forms: Pushbuttons and typing the Enter key

From: Rolf Unger <rolf.unger_at_ctilabs.de>
Date: 4 Feb 2003 12:50:04 -0800

[Quoted] Hi all,

I have a simple one block canvas:
[Quoted] One text field and two pushbuttons [ Ok ] and [ Cancel ].

Now I wonder why Forms 5.0 behaves so strange.

I input some text into the text field, press the tab key to navigate to [ Ok ], Ok-Button has the focus now, so in any other Windows-Application I would expect, that I can hit [return] and "A-Button-is-clicked" message is send to the application. But not in FORMS! I have to grab the mouse and click on the Ok-Button to do the job.

I tried several triggers, On-Key-Enter did sound the most promising among these hundreds offered in the smart-triggers menu of the Object-Navigator. With no success ...

Do I have to setup this Key-Enter trigger for the block or for the button. Of course, when the Cancel-Button has the focus and I press enter I want to do something different as in the other two cases when the focus is either on the text field or on the Ok button.

I took a look at key-pressed, but it looked like i would have to analyse the scancode of the key. Pretty complicated for the task that you would expect to be done by the windowing toolkit automatically.

So I guess, there must be a simple solution as the times when you worked with a Forms application without a mouse is not so long ago!

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rolf.

Okay, maybe I should mention, that I run my forms on Windows NT 4.0. Received on Tue Feb 04 2003 - 21:50:04 CET

Original text of this message