Re: Throwing this out there for discussion

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 23:14:21 -0800

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message
> > There is really way too much of this type of stuff out there. And one
> thing the Oracle developer and
> > DBA community could do for itself would be to name names and stop doing
> business with these people
> > until they clean up their act.
>
> yeah, like we get to choose whose product to buy :(
>
> Niall
>
> Who stayed late tonight to apply Release 28 (yes really) of a vendor's app.
> Someday they will work out that imposing constraints/primary
> keys/referential integrity might just help in a relational model, not to
> mention illuminating/eliminating code bugs.
>
> Of course its web enabled so whoopee doo we're going with the times.

Funny you should say that ... a colleague and I are currently working on a book intended for developers, DBAs, and IT management on how to win battles with corporate management and finance.

If we get it published I'll hype it in cdo.marketplace ... but until then all I can say is that it can be done. One must, however, stop thinking like a developer and think like a warrior.

So ... choose the terrain upon which the battle is fought. Don't fight it on the CFO's home turf.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Jan 31 2003 - 08:14:21 CET

Original text of this message