Re: Help: SELECTing clob-columns in SQL Navigator gives ORA-24813: cannot send or receive an unsupported LOB

From: Johannes Eggers <jeggers_at_tetrix.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:14:04 -0600

[Quoted] I'd appreciate it:

[Quoted] CREATE TABLE foo (

  name                       VARCHAR2(50) NOT NULL,
  xsl_pp                     CLOB DEFAULT empty_clob()
)
INSERT INTO foo VALUES ('myfoofoo', 'foofoo');
INSERT INTO foo VALUES ('mybarbar', 'barbar');
INSERT INTO foo VALUES ('myfoobar', 'foobar');

Commit the inserts, then, in SQL Navigator:

SELECT * FROM foo

I get the it-sucks-so-hard ORA-24813: cannot send or receive an unsupported LOB [Quoted] I'm not an oracle guy, but doesn't the fact that the error # is greater (or [Quoted] technically lower) than -20000 imply that it's a custom error, i.e. a SQL [Quoted] Navigator issue rather than an oracle(-client library) issue ?

Johannes

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3E39A62A.BE35977A_at_exesolutions.com...
> Johannes Eggers wrote:
>
> > OK.... Now I can't find anyone here that gets it to work in
SqlNavigator,
> > but it does work fine in SQL+
> >
> > Confused
> >
> > "SoulSurvivor" <markyg_7_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Versions between the client and the server for the original posters
> > > scenario does matter, confirmed on Metalink. If the client version
> > > does not support blobs but the server does, there will be problems.

> > > DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message

> > table).

> > version of
parameter
> > I need