Re: complex view-architecture

From: Oliver Stratmann <ostratmann_at_zeb.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 23:05:16 +0100

[Quoted] hello TurkBear!

thanks for your help.

if there is more than one view involved, than it would be nice to get a description like

view_layer3.sp1 --> view_layer2.sp6 --> view_layer1.sp9 --> source_tab.source_col

i think this is a nice feature for documenting complex view-constructs.

selecting the code helps just for one dependency. (user_views)

a combination with the user_dependencies (hierarchiecal select) would get the whole view-construction.

but the presentation of the viewcode(s) selected this way is not clear to me and doesn't look simple.

Bye!
Oli

"TurkBear" <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ms3j3v4k2nd188ck4va7ejpvsn8hg0m4b4_at_4ax.com...

> Unless I am missing what you need why isn't this enough?

> SQL> create view test_v as
> 2 select a.dept_nbr AS dpt1,b.dept_nbr AS dpt2
> 3 from
> 4 hr_public a,hr_cur_rptng b
> 5 ;
>
> View created.
>
> SQL> set long 1000
> SQL> select text from user_views where view_name = 'TEST_V';
>
> TEXT

> select a.dept_nbr AS dpt1,b.dept_nbr AS dpt2
> from
> hr_public a,hr_cur_rptng b

> "Oliver Stratmann" <ostratmann_at_zeb.de> wrote:
>
> >Hello Daniel,
> >
> >I'm not sure if I understand Your answer.
> >Do You think that all the required information is included in the view
> >USER_VIEWS?
> >As far as I understand this the USER_VIEWS shows the view-code. But there
is
> >still a lot of work to do in order to get the column-dependencies.
> >
> >e.g. there is a view
> >create or replace view test
> >as
> >select a.sp1 as test_sp1,
> > b.sp1 as test_sp2,
> >from tab1 a,
> > tab2 b
> >
> >the column-dependencies would be in this case:
> >"
> >tab1.sp1 --> test.test_sp1
> >tab2.sp1 --> test.test_sp2
> >"
> >
> >I do not understand how I get this information directly out of the
> >user_views, sorry.
> >Can you or anyone else help me?
> >
> >Bye,
> >Oli
> >

> >"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

if