Re: SQLPlus & HTML page

From: Tim X <timx_at_spamto.devnul.com>
Date: 31 Jan 2003 08:37:56 +1100

 Chris> Hi Again, Well, I found out that the utility  Chris> owa_utility.showpage allows me to see the page.  SQL> set serveroutput on spool mypage.html execute my_procedure  SQL> execute owa_util.showpage

 Chris> However, if the page has a lot of data (for example, displays
 Chris> a large table), the buffer overflows and the html page is not
 Chris> finished properly.  * ERROR at line 1: ORA-20000: ORU-10027:
 Chris> buffer overflow, limit of 38505 bytes

 Chris> The documentation says that the owa_util.showpage procedure
 Chris> uses dbms_output and thus is limited to 255 characters per  Chris> line and an overall buffer size of 1,000,000 bytes

 Chris> Does anybody knows another way to see the html page?

 Chris> Many thanks Chris

 Chris> "Chris" <chris_at_nospam.com> wrote in message  Chris> news:Vu5_9.22$Mn.37_at_news-srv1.fmr.com...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using a PL/SQL procedure (using the htp package) to create a
>> html
 Chris> page.
>> I have no problem viewing this page using SQL Navigator but when I
>> execute the same procedure from SQL Plus I cannot see this page,
>> even if I spool
 Chris> it.
>> The spool is empty. Would you know how I can see this page?
>>
>> Many thanks, Chris

do a

set serveroutput on size 1000000

Tim