Oracle 9iAS Problem with GIF icons

From: cornes <member23916_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 05:22:46 -0500

Hello!

I'm porting a Developer 6.0 application to Oracle 9iAS runing on Linux Suse.
I have a problem with the icons I use for menu items. I have converted the windows icons (.ico) to GIF images as needed.

Now, some icons (.gif) cause a Java exception on Internet Explorer when I run then program:

>java.lang.SecurityException
>at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
>at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkConnect(Unknown Source)
>at sun.awt.image.URLImageSource.checkSecurity(Unknown Source)
>at sun.awt.image.ImageRepresentation.imageComplete(Unknown Source)
>at sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.errorConsumer(Unknown Source)
>at sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.errorAllConsumers(Unknown
>Source)
>at sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.badDecoder(Unknown Source)
>at sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.doFetch(Unknown Source)
>at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.fetchloop(Unknown Source)
>at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.run(Unknown Source)

I use Jinitiator versión: 1.3.1.8
WinNT Terminal Server , Internet Explorer 5.0

I have tried with diferent color depths and diferent sizes on the gifs, and the problem persists,,

Thanks in advance,,
Regards,

Dani Paz...