Re: Throwing this out there for discussion

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:57:28 -0000

[Quoted] "Tom Swier" <tswier_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:8098db11.0301271130.17f0aac8_at_posting.google.com...
> I had a person ask me this and I stood there like an idiot because I
> couldn't answer their question due to all the foot-shuffling and
> hemming and hawing. I thought I had it bad!

[Quoted] In addition to Dan's suggestion, and the important corollary added by soul survivor that if there is no db documentation then the chances are that there is little or no db design. You can also trace a specific workstation's session doing specific tasks and see what the SQL issued by the app is doing. This won't work without a dedicated server connection obviously.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA