BC4J - JClient application withJBoss

From: Hans N. <Hans.Noemmer_at_znt-richter.de>
Date: 27 Jan 2003 07:26:44 -0800

Hi all,

I am trying to deploy a BC4J/JClient Application to a JBoss 3.0.2 application server. When I am trying to connect with the client, I get a ClassCast Exception.

I am using my own subclass of JUEnvInfoProvider to use the JBoss JNDI service.

The connection can be established, but I get the following Exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy0
oracle.jbo.ApplicationModule
oracle.jbo.common.ampool.DefaultConnectionStrategy.createApplicationModule(java.util.Hashtable)

                DefaultConnectionStrategy.java:132

The problem seems to be, that the EJB home object, which is returned with the JNDI lookup is not a oracle.jbo.ApplicationModuleHome object. In fact ist is a TestModuleHome object (TestModule is my BC4J application module).

Things work when deploying my application to OC4J.

Does anyone out there have any experience, how to deply a 3 tier BC4J/JClient application to JBoss.

Thanks in advance

Hans

mailto:Hans.Noemmer_at_znt-richter.de Received on Mon Jan 27 2003 - 16:26:44 CET

Original text of this message