Re: SQL Loader Exclude lines from datafile

From: Bernhard Graeuler <fuerspam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:29:38 +0100

FC <flavio_at_tin.it> wrote:

> "Bernhard Graeuler" <fuerspam_at_gmx.de> wrote in message
> >
> > Now I need a control file for the SQL*Loader that filters out the
> > repetitions of the fieldnames. Theoretically that would be easy,
> > because they start with a '*', but I don't now how to do it. I
> > thought about a "WHEN (1) != '*'" Statement, but as far as I know
> > the (1) means the first field of the table, what is wrong...
> > This is what I have so far:
> >

> (1) means the first character character of the record, so WHEN (1) !=
> '*' should work fine.
>
> Why do you say it's not correct ?

[Quoted] I think it's a 'much thinking less trying' problem. I thought, that (1) means the first field in the data file. Not the first character in the current line of the file. Maybe I misunderstood an example somewhere.

Thankyou

    Bernhard Received on Mon Jan 27 2003 - 13:29:38 CET

Original text of this message