Master-Detail form problem

From: Damir Dezeljin <news_at_dezo.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 23:46:09 +0100

Hi.

[Quoted] I created a Master-Detail form in Oracle developer 6.0. In the master form I disabled data integrity checking and I also removed all records as being 'required'. Then I program a lot of trigers so that my master forms works.

The problem is that I don't know how to programaticaly update detailed forms.

I have a fielt MY_ITEM in the master form (this is the primary ID - number) on which the detailed section is colegated. If I just press 'F8' and use up / down cursors, I can navigate trough already inserted records. The problem arise when I type manualy a number in this MY_ITEM field. I programed a POST-TEXT-ITEM triger to check if the given number already exists. If it doesn't I output an Alert and clear it, but if it exists I have to fill other records in master and the entire detailed form. How can I do this? I spend a lot of time trying with ENTER_QUERY / EXECUTE_QUERY and other, but I didn't do anything that works.

Any hint?

Regards,
Dezo Received on Sat Jan 25 2003 - 23:46:09 CET

Original text of this message