easy sql question

From: IKerr. <i.b.kerr_at_leeds.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:14:12 -0000

Hi,

I have a bit of sql which performs basic security privilege granting by prompts a user to enter a permission type (select etc) and to enter a username. The sql finds all matching tables (according to criteria in the script) and then spools the output to a file which it then runs. The problem is that the spooled file containing the permission lines to execute also have the prompt text in and so generate an error when run:

[Quoted] [Quoted] "SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "Enter valu..." - rest of line ignored."

How can I make the lines disappear from the spooled script before it is run. So far I have
set echo off
ttitle off
set pagesize 2000
set verify off
set feed off
set hea off
in the 'header' of the script file.

thanks

Iain Received on Thu Jan 23 2003 - 10:14:12 CET

Original text of this message