Re: PL/Compiler

From: Kaptain524 <Kaptain524_at_zxmail.com>
Date: 21 Jan 2003 11:13:45 -0800

What exactly are you trying to do? If you exectute the "CREATE PACKAGE" statement, the code is compiled as you add it to the database. If you want to use a PL/SQL script to create package code and then add it to the database, you will have to use the "SPOOL" statement to generate a script on-the-fly to add the packagae. And since the dynamically created script is what really matters, it can be generated by anything (KornShell, Perl, C++, etc). Once your script has generated another script containing the "CREATE PACKAGE" statement, all you have to do is execute it just like any other SQL script.

HTH, Kaptain524