Re: Accessing the seed database

From: Alex <malex_at_woh.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:18:00 GMT

I don't have all the the history on your question, but I faced a similar problem. So
I'm guessing what the problem is. If you are trying to access a table and you are not
the owner of the table you will have to preface the table name with the name of the owner.

So if the table is owner by john (I guess you would say john is the schema that the table belongs to) you may
have to use the syntax:

    select * from john.jobs

Otherwise, you will in effect be saying select * from scott.jobs. Since the schema scott does not own a table
named jobs, the "table or view does not exist".

Hope that help.