9i and DS Rel 2 install problem......

From: Richard Hollingsworth <william.r.hollingsworth_at_boeing.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:52:32 GMT

Hi folks, thanks for reading this.

I just installed 9i Enterprise Edition on a Win2000 machine successfully. Then, installed Developer Suite Release 2 (9.0.2.0.1) and it succedded. I can log on to forms, create a data block from my tables and compile everything just fine. But when I try to RUN the form, I get an Oracle error saying that the HTTP server could not be started.

Why is Oracle trying to start an HTTP server? I did not (intentionally) install any HTTP server stuff.

I also cannot start the HTTP server from Win Services. It shows up there, but crashes if I try to start it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Richard Hollingsworth Received on Mon Jan 20 2003 - 15:52:32 CET

Original text of this message