Converting Designer ER diagram to DDL

From: IKerr <i.b.kerr_at_leeds.ac.uk>
Date: 20 Jan 2003 02:22:12 -0800

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have done an ER diagram with Oracle 9i Designer and now want to transform it into a database - ie get oracle to generate the DDL for me. How can I do this ? I have looked at the Database Design Transformer and Design Editor (don't know what the difference between them is), but I am a bit lost. Could someone help please.

[Quoted] Also does Oracle provide an intermediate step so that changes to the DDL can be made between Designer & DDL output (ie to tweak the design / change keys & entities etc), or do you have to do all that in Designer ? I posted this on another group, but it seems to have got buried at the bottom of an un-related thread!

[Quoted] Another question. I have some sub & supertypes in the ER diagram. Should I specify the PK & FK in the diagram before conversion ? If so how do I specify the FK (I can only see tickboxes for PK) ?

thanks

Iain Received on Mon Jan 20 2003 - 11:22:12 CET

Original text of this message