Re: Which Forms Tool do I need?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 07:16:11 -0800

Grumpycrab wrote:

> Hi, I require to write a Forms prototype.
> The platform is Windows2000, we've got Oracle8.1.7.
> What do I need? Options appear to be:-
> 1. Buy Internet Developer Suite (expensive. also will this work with O8.1.7?)
> 2. Can I get Forms/Reports on their own
> 3. Will Developer/2000 do?
>
> Thanks for any help.
> --
> Ian

If it is just a prototype you could get a CD pack with 30 day license from http://store.oracle.com for $39.95 USD.

But you will need to spend the $ when the time comes to turn the prototype into a development project. You can use either iDS 6i or 9i with the 8.1.7 database. And yes Developer/2000 will do but you must understand that it is just an older, no longer supported version, of iDS.

Daniel Morgan Received on Sun Jan 19 2003 - 16:16:11 CET

Original text of this message