Re: HELP- Componets needed when Deploying Forms Apps

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 07:14:01 -0800

Joost Bataille wrote:
"Mario King" <hliji_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I created a Forms 6i application on a development machine (NT).
> Now I'm trying to deploy it onto a production NT. What files
> do I need to copy over? I have .fmx, .mmx files and also used
> PL/SQL Library (.pll) and Object Library (.olb) in the forms.

Hello Mario,
you have to install Forms 6i runtime on each client or make it available
over a network. It's on the CD that contains the Forms builder. The archives
of this group at
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=comp.databases.oracle.tools can
give you some hints.
You need the fmx, mmx and pll files, not the olb files. These are used when
compiling the fmx.
In the NT registry you have to set the variable
hkey_local_machine\software\oracle\forms60_path to include the directory
where you put your application files.

Hope this helps, regards.

Joost
--
Joost Bataille
University of Amsterdam ICT centre

Didn't you mean .plx rather than .pll?

Daniel Morgan Received on Sun Jan 19 2003 - 16:14:01 CET

Original text of this message