Oracle Warehouse Builder

From: snanda <member22848_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 00:02:30 +0000

Hello,
This is my first post to the DB forums, hope I make sense.

I am doing a project at uni which involving building a prototype data warehouse. For the last two weeks, I was supposed to research the oracle warehouse builder application. Its become very frustrating since, the warehouse builder refuses to connect to the server.

I created a repository (does its name matter?) using the repository assist. Now, when I try to login using the warehouse builder client, it simply says that it cannot connect to the specified repository. \
Well, how do I specify which repository to connect to?

I also tried to create runtime objects using the runtime assist. The install gave an error telling me to look at the log files. (And whats the use of runtime objects?)

Now, where are the log files? I searched and searched and couldn't find the log files.

I seriously hope someone can help me here.

Thanks\
Shobhit